Monday, January 11, 2010

Something Fairly Efficient I Think

I love my Kindle. Its not only can be the biggest library ever it has text to speech. So I can listen to certain books when I don't want to read or am doing something else. Like now for instance I'm multitasking. I'm listening to a time efficiency book while typing this blog. Keeping two new years resolutions at once.
I'm reading or rather listening to Eat That Frog. Its a very good book. I like self help books not because I need to drastically change my life or haven't heard most of these things already but because they offer new tips, tricks and generally remind me of things I know to help.
I have morning pages to write now. My morning pages are a mind dump that helps the subconscious mind go through everything they are thinking. It makes you choose whats important to you in your creative life and come up with ideas you may have not thought of. I thought it was crap at first but spending a full fifteen minuets on it you start to reach for things to write about and you come up with some pretty interesting things to fill the pages. You have to write for a fairly long period of time so you get everything out and you can move on to things that you grasp for from the subconscious mind. You need to write it longhand on paper. But alas I don't have a notebook now and I need to keep the pages in the same place so I have another private blog right now until I can afford to get a 'nice' notebook.

<3 Lady of the Tide Pool

Song of the Day: Better Together by Jack Johnson efficient

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster